We're committed to the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
We’re committed to the confidentiality and security of your personal information. If you are the customer of one of our clients, you may not have heard of us. Still, there is nothing more important to us than our relationship with you. You may not know why we would have data about you in our system. We process data on behalf of companies with whom you have a relationship, with whom you have shared your data. In simple terms, you are a data subject, your service provider is a data controller (who determines how your data can be processed) and we act as a data processor. We’re committed to the confidentiality and security of any personal information that has been provided to us about you. This Privacy Notice explains how we protect your rights and care for your information. It also describes:
- Who we are
- What we do as a company
- Who are our clients
- Why you may not have heard about us
- The type of data we process
- How we obtain data about you
- Use of the Platform
- What we do in conducting our business
- What we require of our clients
- Third parties with whom we share your data and why
- Disclosures of Personal Data
- Data transfers
- Assuring your rights
- Marketing opt-out preferences
- Social Media widgets
- Links to 3rd Party Sites
- Collection and use of 3rd Party Information
- Single Sign-On
- Imported contacts
- Security and protection of your data
- Children’s Personal Information
- Data Processing Agreement
- Changes to this policy
- Who to contact with any requests, concerns, or complaints
Who we are
SiteBro (“The Service”) online services and the web site https://www.sitebro.co.uk/ are provided by SiteBro Ltd. (“The Company”). We are based in Croston, Lancashire, UK.
What we do as a company
We are a provider of IM (Information Management) tools, customer relationship tools, and analytics that empower our clients to better serve their customers.
Who are our clients
We are a processor. Our tools and services are used by the companies that serve you. We work with companies of all sizes, in all industries around the world.
Why you may not have heard about us
Individuals do not use our services directly. Whether an employer, or a business working with other businesses as their customers, or a business working with consumers directly, companies need and gather information to better serve their clients. These companies use our platform to hold, analyse and get the most from the information they collect.
The type of data we process
Each client uses data differently. What is common to most is that they compile data that helps them better relate to you and provide services. Such information may include:
- contact information and preferences
- specific requirements you may have or interests you have expressed
- preference as to how your service provided may contact you and how frequently
- information you may have shared in conversations, emails, meetings
- information about the type, frequency and volume of business you have done together
- location of data and demographics
- competitive data
- data that may be sensitive. Your service provider’s use of any such sensitive data requires your explicit consent
How we obtain data about you
We don’t typically collect information directly from individuals. Our clients gather information about their customers or employees and then upload that data onto our platform (either directly or by using the assistance of a third party) where they can benefit from the tools and services we provide. Of course, there are exceptions to this rule:
- we collect information about our client representatives at sign up or login
- we collect technical device information and addresses using cookies and similar technologies
- we analyse and capture behaviours of individuals using our platform for analytics purposes only
- we use the platform as an internal resource to manage employee and prospect data
- we capture event data in logs, tracking systems and service tickets
- we monitor and analyse access, traffic, performance and platform activity
Use of the Platform
Clients determine how they will use the platform for the processing of the data they collect. Each may differ in the services they elect to purchase and activate, whether there are customisations, and whether any analytic or third-party integrations will be used. Our client is bound by the terms of their own agreement with us and must also comply with all applicable laws in the proper and legitimate use of your data on Our platform.
What we do in conducting our business
- conduct processing requests including analytics on behalf of our (data controller) clients
- operate and develop our services;
- send information, e.g. invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support messages
- enhance client experience in the use of our services
- inform clients and prospective clients about our other products or services (with their consent)
- develop new products, integrations and services
- distribute surveys
- respond to comments and questions and provide customer service
- protect against fraudulent, unauthorised, or illegal activities
- Cookies are used in analysing trends, administering the site, tracking user’s movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user community.
- If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some features or areas of our site may be limited.
- As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We do this to protect data and systems, improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
What we require of our clients
We and our clients partner in assuring that your rights are protected. We require through our terms of service, that, as a condition of use of our platform, all clients fully adhere to applicable laws for your protection and the use of your data. You can view our terms of service at https://www.sitebro.co.uk/terms/.
Third parties with whom we share your data and why
The Company may transfer personal information for processing by other companies that help us provide our service. The Company uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, emailing, networking, storage, and related technology required to run The Service. These companies are authorised to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. The use of third parties are governed by the provisions in this policy regarding notice and choice, and the service agreements with our clients.
Some of our pages utilise framing techniques to serve content to or from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our web site. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to https://www.sitebro.co.uk/.
Disclosures of Personal Data
However, if requested by law, The Company holds its right to share your information with the authorities; as required by law, such as to comply with a witness summons, or similar legal process; when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request; to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Transfers outside of the EU or to countries not deemed adequate in the protection of personal data are disallowed without explicit informed consent and an approved legal mechanism for transfer.
Assuring your rights
Notice to End-Users Our Services are intended for use by enterprises. Where our Services are made available to you through a client of ours, that enterprise is the data controller of your personal information. Your data privacy questions and requests should initially be submitted to our subscribers in their capacity as your data controller. We are not responsible for our subscribers’ privacy or security practices which may be different than this Policy.
Our subscribers are able to:
- restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Services;
- access and describe your personal information that you provided to them;
- access and export your personal information processed by them; and
- amend your personal information, including your end-user profile.
For all other users of our Services
GDPR assures that the rights and intentions of every individual regarding their personal data are respected. Any individual can request to access the data we hold about them, ensure it is current, correct and complete, and if the individual provided consent for that data to be processed, can revoke that consent freely. Individuals can also request that specific data held about them be updated, modified or deleted, or that all data about them be forgotten or ported. Individuals can make decisions regarding marketing preferences and the movement and transfer of their data. Exercise of these rights can be made by request to: email@example.com.
Marketing opt-out preferences
The Company will use the email provided in the registration process to send a welcome email, billing and invoice information, and news and updates.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page, or you can contact us.
We will also send you service related email announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. You do not have an option to opt out of these emails, which are not promotional in nature.
If you choose to use our invite Teammates to our Service, we will ask you for that Teammate’s email address. We will automatically send a one-time email inviting that Teammate to use the Service. The Company stores this information to validate authorised users. Invited Teammates may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
Social Media widgets
Links to 3rd Party Sites
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our web site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Collection and use of 3rd Party Information
There may be specific activities or reasons for which you may provide personal information about other people, such as their name, email address and phone number. This information is only used for the sole purpose of completing your request and for completing the service for which the information was provided.
You can log in to our site using sign-in services such as Sign in with Facebook or Google. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form. Services like Sign in with Facebook or Google give you the option to post information about your activities on this Web site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
You can import contacts from your email account address book to invite them to become members of our web site. We collect the username and password for the email account you wish to import from your contacts and will only use it solely for that purpose.
Security and protection of your data
Our company has a robust security program and policy, leverages the expertise and security resources of our partners when in the cloud, and a program and policy for incident response. The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information, such as a credit card number and/or geo-location data on our order forms or use the Service, we encrypt the transmission of information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children’s Personal Information
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through our Websites or Services. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information through the Websites or Services without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us through the Websites or Services, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information.
Data Processing Agreement
We have updated a Data Processing Agreement (DPA), as required under GDPR. If you require a signed DPA, as part of your GDPR compliance you can download the agreement here. Sign and complete the DPA with Company details and send the agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org to be countersigned by Sitebro.
Changes to This Policy
Who to contact with any requests, concerns, or complaints
SiteBroCroston, Lancashire, PR26 9RR
Policy effective November 01, 2018